Sunday, December 16, 2012

Memoir


    The first day of school at Middle School was an emotional day. That day I woke up at 6:30 AM. Waiting until it was time to go to school. That day my dad was going to take me to school. I remember that morning not wanting to finish my milk, because if I did, then I’ll throw up. Since I live 40 blocks away I had to take the bus. When we got in the bus, the bus was crowned with sweaty people. I couldn’t be at that bus my stomach hurt even more. I had a pair of sneakers, shorts, and a purple shirt.

   Getting out the bus was terrible, everyone wanted to get out the bus. People were pushing me, and I didn’t like that they even smelled all sweaty. My dad and I were in front of the school, all we knew what to do was go to the turf. However I didn’t know which class was I. I saw this skinny lady, I said “my name Keren Rodriguez and I don’t know which class I’m in.” She said “you’re in class 612.

      As trying to find 612 I didn’t see it. All I saw was 611 and then 613. I noticed that there was a class in between 611 and 613. I knew that had to be my class. There were a lot of kids in that class I didn’t even know them. As I saw them my stomach hurt even more. My dad said goodbye. I didn’t want him to leave. But he had to go to work.

My teacher was Ms.Isaccs. She had a ponytail, blue jeans, and a blue t-shirt on. She asked me what my name was. At that moment I couldn’t say my name, I calmed down, took a deep breath and slowly each word came out of my mouth. I was the only one that was alone, everybody else was talking to a friend. I really felt bad. I felt like disappearing out of the Earth. I asked Ms.Isaccs at what time does school end and she said, at 3. Finally at the very last minute before leaving inside the building a girl name Natalie, which I’ve seen her in my Elementary school, showed up. At that time I was kind of comfortable but ¾ of me was still nervous. However, I felt confident about myself. I’ll never forget that day of my life, it was a very important day.

2 comments:

  1. Karen, you were really descriptive in your memoir. I connect to it. I felt like I was going to throw up on the first day of school too!

    ReplyDelete