Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Drum, Girls, and Dangerous Pie

    Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblich is about a boy name Steven who is a teenager. In the biginning of the story he hates his brother because he's so annoying, and he could never do anything without him. Towards the end of the book he realizes having a brother is better than not having a brother and he starts being more mature.
    At the beginning of the book Steven hates Jeffrey. At school he has to write on his journal about different topics. He is always wriing why his brother is so annoying  and all that stuff. When Jeffrey is asking Steven about things that are not important Steven just doesn't listen. Steven likes a girl name Renne Albert, and Jeffrey is always making kissing noises when Steven is near her.
   Later on, one morning Jeffrey wants oatmeal. When making the oatmeal an accident happens that Jeffrey has a really bad nose bleed. When taking him to the doctor, Steven finds out Jeffrey has Leukima. Which is a type of cancer. This makes Steven think he could loose his brother any second. Steven has to deel with Jeffrey's cancer. He doesn't want to tell his school.
  At the end of the Steven and his friends make a concert to raise money for Jeffrey's cancer. The girls cut their hair really short and Steven shaves his head. When the day of the concert comes Jeffrey get's really sick, they have to take him to the hospital. Steven comes along.
    In conclusion, having a brother is really important. Even if their annoying. This book teaches us how people could change from not being matured to being matured. Many people in the world dodn't have a brother or sister and it's really sad. That's why people who have brother's should care about them even if their annoying.

4 comments:

  1. Really nice essay! Your theme was really strong and you were able to back it up with really good supporting details. I agreed with all of them and you explained why that specific detail fit your theme. Nice job!

    Waniso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Waniso I didn't read you essay but I just know that I have to read it

      Delete
  2. Like Waniso said, nice essay,I liked how you stayed on topic and continued with your theme of Steven becoming a better brother-nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I haven't read your essay nut I just know that I have to read it

      Delete