In the face of discrimination, the protagonist has to fight for his
dream. In Revolt of the Evil Fairies
by Ted Poston. The protagonist wants to be Prince Charming, he has to
fight for the role of Prince Charming. He would do anything to be Prince
Charming. Ted Postons story shows us to be determined and stand up for ourselves.
The protagonist reveals that, “most of the good fairies usually turned
out to be extremely light in complexion, with straight hair and white folks
feature. On rare occasions a dark skin girl may be lucky enough to be a good
fairy.” What Ted Poston(the author) is really trying to say is that teachers
gave the speaking role and the better parts to the light skin girls/boys. This
means it will be rare if he gets the part of Prince Charming. This teaches the
readers that not even how hard you desire to get what you want, you may not get
it. Even if you work really hard on what you want. In this story is because
you’re a dark skin.
Another quote that I found was, “there
wasn’t any doubt that Prince Charming and Sleeping Beauty were always light
skin.” This means that the protagonist would never be get a chance to be Prince
Charming. There’s a girl name Sarah Williams that the protagonist likes.
However, Sarah got to be Sleeping Beauty. The protagonist wants to be even more
Prince Charming, because he wants to kiss her. Ms. Laprade the teacher would
never give a good part to a colored skin kid, even if he gets good grades and
well behave. I know this because he is a colored skin, at that time period
there was segregation and discrimination. So Ms. Laprade would not give the
good parts to a colored skin kid.
In the piece it says that Leaonardius got the part for Prince Charming.
Leonardius is a yaller. A yaller has the
best of everything because they are light skin. The teachers try to sense his
resentment, they said that I was good at being an evil fairy. Leonardius is
also in love with Sarah, he gets more jealous that Leonardius gets to kiss
Sarah but him because he is colored skin.
“They wouldn’t let me appear in the grand dramatic offering next year.
But I didn’t care I wouldn’t have been Prince charming anyway.” This means that
he doesn’t care, he stands up for himself, saying that he just doesn’t want to
be Prince Charming. And it’s okay for him. At the beginning he wanted to be
Prince Charming really bad. But later on he notice that he would never get pick
to be Prince Charming because he’s a colored skin. So he said to himself I
can’t be forcing myself to be prince charming because I would never get the
part. In my opinion this shows you to stand up for ourselves even if we don’t
get what we want
Wow really great essay.You have a really strong theme. You back it up really well with great examples and explain why they are so important to the reader and the protagonist himself. You summed up the plot really well in your introduction. That's something I have a really hard time with doing. I seem to want to just go on and talk about the plot!!! really great job!
ReplyDeleteWaniso Berry
Thank You and By the way were is your blog I can't find it
Delete?????????????????????????/
My blog is chatting chapters!!!
ReplyDelete